We are looking for a Tax Administrative Assistant to join the growing tax group within a leading accounting firm in Montreal.
We are looking for a qualified candidate willing to learn and progress in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will facilitate communication between managers and partners while fulfilling their general duties.
For over 70 years Crowe BGK has been a continuously growing independent accounting firm with offices in Montreal and Ottawa. Our affiliation with a top 10 largest global accounting network, Crowe Global, gives us borderless access to international expertise. Crowe BGK provides a full suite of accounting, domestic and international tax, corporate finance and business advisory solutions to individuals and corporate clients in diverse industries across Quebec, Ontario and around the world.
As a Tax Administrative Assistant, you would be responsible for:
- General correspondence with tax authorities and clients
- Tracking/notification/follow up of government deadlines on behalf of members of the Tax Group
- Ensuring proactive and efficient communication with partners and managers
- Invoicing and collections
- Running weekly A/R and WIP reports
- Running monthly reports of billable hours for the tax group
- E-filing corporate and personal tax returns
- Archiving documents
- Foreign Exchange rate management
- Memo and letter drafting, as required
- Other related duties, as required
Benefits for Professionals:
Our benefits are carefully curated to help you excel both in and out of the office. At Crowe BGK we offer our professionals not just the tools, but the support they need to succeed.
In this full-time position, you will enjoy a competitive salary, full range of benefits, commission on new business, in-house professional development opportunities, paid indoor parking, expense reimbursement (including approved courses/training/conferences, professional dues and liability insurance), office closure in December during the holidays including two additional paid days off in addition to vacation time, office closure on Fridays (1P.M.) in July and August, and other perks.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field/role
- Experience at an accounting, professional services firm would be an asset
- Fluently bilingual in English & French (oral and written)
- Post-secondary education in administration or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), as well as the desire and the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of Tax Prep and CaseWare would be an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A detail-oriented individual
- Collaborative and team-focused
Our open-door policy, mentor program and community involvement work to create meaningful relationships, build networks and expand your professional horizons while giving back to our local community. Engage with your potential-self and continue pushing it forward; join Crowe BGK.
We maintain an inclusive and equal opportunity working environment so that every Crowe BGK professional can fulfill their evolving potential. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran’s status or any other legally-protected factors. Please advise the Recruiter if you require accommodation throughout the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for their interest and we will only be contacting those that we are interested in pursuing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home