WHO WE ARE*
Entertainment® is looking for smart, team-oriented people who can get things done. We believe that if you hire great people…you will attract more great people. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do!
Founded in 1962, Entertainment® is a leader in providing one of the most recognized and sought-after discount and promotion products throughout North America. Entertainment® provides a mutually beneficial solution for consumers looking to spend less on the things they love to do, businesses seeking to increase sales, fundraisers looking to raise money and corporations looking to enhance their benefits and loyalty programs.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Regional Merchant Account Executive (RMAE) will be responsible for the growth in and of an assigned sales territory. Responsible for prospecting, conducting effective sales presentations, and closing merchants for participation in the Entertainment® offer database, to achieve / exceed assigned sales goals (approx. 75% of responsibility). RMAE would also be responsible to train and support any Entertainment® Elite Partners (Licensees) that would fall under the spectrum of their geographic territory (approx. 25% of responsibility).
- Drive entire sales cycle for key, high-impact accounts within the territory and the surrounding area. Solicit and acquire agreements and appropriate documentation, following local and national signing guidelines, from merchants for promotional appearance in all Entertainment®'s program elements (Entertainment® core program, Custom and Loyalty programs). Impact local market and all other markets as assigned, by "swatting" areas to increase merchant participation.
- Ensure all required client documentation is complete, accurate, and submitted on time. Periodic audits will be performed. Provide timely and accurate reports on results as required by management.
- Ability to work successfully in a remote environment. Important that individual is a self-starter and has the drive and ability to get things done independently.
- Respond to correspondence from Entertainment® Senior Vice President within 24 hours/one business day.
- Demonstrate expertise in all products and functions; demonstrate firm understanding of financial elements of all programs.
- Retain, develop, and service all merchant accounts through resolution of merchant issues.
- Support the development and introduction of new products and programs.
- Effectively grow, maintain and manage sales pipeline to ensure successful results.
- Foster, promote, and contribute to a positive team environment throughout the company. Display flexibility and adaptability when assigned additional responsibilities or projects. Willingly support other team members as needed.
- Have a positive outlook and if you have a great sense of humor, that’s a plus! We work hard here but have a lot of fun.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful outside sales experience with 1 year of successful advertising sales or direct to restaurant sales experience preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred. An emphasis on sales and/or marketing is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor, coach and develop other sales professionals to achieve greater results.
- Experience with basic MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs, e-mail, general internet functions and smartphone functions.
- Demonstrate ability to source, contact, conduct presentations, negotiate, close sales, and meet established quotas.
- Confirmed ability to establish, maintain and retain loyal relationships while successfully managing service requirements of clients is critical for success in this position. Continual networking is key to success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrate analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Self-provided transportation with appropriate licenses and insurance for making sales and services calls is required.
- Ability to travel up to 30%. Various means of travel will be required, including occasional travel by air.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Queen Street, Ottawa, ON
Job Type: Full-time