Registered Practical Nurse Or Registered Nurse- Community
Bracebridge and Gravenhurst
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization.
We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring.
Our team of service healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our loved ones.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated excellence in assessment and direct client care
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Graduated from a recognized accredited School of Nursing and have a current, general class (practicing) Registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and a current CPR or BLS certification
The role will require:
- Utilizing the nursing process effectively in order to provide high quality nursing care for clients and/or caregivers in all client situations and documenting and reporting client information according to company policy
- Discussing changes to the client care plan with the other nurses at the weekly team meeting or as required if the change is more urgent and communicating client needs/problems to supervisors and LHIN Case Managers
- Promoting the independence of clients and caregivers considering their needs, strengths and weaknesses
- Providing consultation to colleagues and other health care providers in client situations that are beyond their scope of practice
- Delegates duties to Personal Support Workers
- Maintaining current competence and obtaining advanced or specialized nursing skills to meet care needs of clients
- Physical lifting abilities
- Other duties as assigned
Excellent mentorship available. New Graduates welcome to apply.
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that provides discipline specific professional support and education.
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring”
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please email Human Resources, or call our office at 1-877-560-0202.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Gravenhurst, ON (Preferred)
- Registered with Ontario College of Nurses (Preferred)