It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single Rexall employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps people in your community and beyond. And by choosing to belong at Rexall, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance the profession of pharmacy.
At Rexall, Canada’s leader in Pharmacy Healthcare, the Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for patient greeting, dispensing prescription medications, and answering any general questions from patients and referring to Pharmacist when required. You must be able to take on tasks as required as you are the front face of our company providing the highest amount of service by:
- Assist the Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of patient prescriptions
- Evaluate legality, interpret and input all prescriptions, labels and consent forms to ensure patient information is up to date and in the pharmacy’s computer system
- Complete documentations such as third party management and reconciliation, filling prescriptions, printing, invoices, etc.
- Monitor inventory levels and identify approaching and critical expiry dates
- Perform cash management duties, including processing customers through the till and cash-out duties.
- Ensure deliveries are processed in an accurate and timely fashion and ensure proper documentation is maintained
- Ensure all patient inquires regarding prescriptions and non-prescriptions medications, uses, treatments and recommendations are referred to the pharmacist on duty
- Having a can-do attitude when tasked with responsibilities
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager or Manager on-duty
Ultimately, if you have the right attitude, we can team you up with our colleagues who have the same passion and teach you the rest!
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent