Express Employment Professionals, one of Canada's top rated Staffing & Recruitment agency, is searching for Senior Fire Alarm & Suppression Field Technicians, on behalf of their client, a well respected and large player in this industry.
Our client is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales, and service of state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, security, sound, nurse call, integrated systems, portable extinguishers, and sprinklers systems. They create innovative, high quality solutions that meet customer needs into the future.
We are looking for a Fire Alarm Technician Level III to join the Mississauga District Office.
- Perform installation and verification activities on Fire Alarm related equipment for large installations, including installing modules to terminating zone /circuit wiring.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications.
- Supervise and coordinate work with electricians working on Fire Alarm systems.
- Complete verification reports for submittal to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJ’s and other interested parties. Complete As Built drawings on the completion of the job.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of various product lines.
- Identify and sell basic product enhancements to customers.
- Travel throughout the District business area when required.
- Program small to medium size stand-alone and distributed systems and their micro-processors.
- Assist in developing employee training programs for employees and customers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the Fire Protection industry.
- Preferred completion of a college diploma in Fire Protection or Electrical/Electronic or equivalent experience.
- Must have completed and obtained Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) certification.
- Knowledgeable of provincial building & fire codes for inspection purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to program basic operations on micro-processor based systems without supervision.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including DOS, and Windows operating systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of electronic test equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple large projects accurately and efficiently and adapt to changing customer needs.
- Ability to express clear technical solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus.
Our client offers an excellent compensation and benefits program. Remuneration includes Medical and Dental coverage, RRSP with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Please apply ONLY if you meet the qualifications required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00 to $42.00 /hour
- Plc Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Alarm Technician: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- CFAA (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
- English (Required)