We are looking for an event and marketing co-ordinator to manage our upcoming Positive Living - Mental Wellbeing Program for Seniors. The program will consist of 6 monthly online, interactive sessions. This event is funded by a government grant.
As our event and marketing co-ordinator, you’ll be taking on the essential tasks related to the successful implementation of this project. You will:
· Recruit and co-ordinate keynote speakers (1 speaker per monthly session)
· Develop a marketing plan based on our budget
· Execute marketing plan to have at least 50 seniors attend per session
· Develop written content from each session to be incorporated into online learning modules and create review test questions and answers
· Influence the selection and review of video content (13 brief videos in total) to be incorporated into online learning modules
· Be present online, co-ordinate and host each online session
· Recruit politicians to attend event
· Experience recruiting speakers on mental health topics
· Experience leading a seniors’ speaker event or related event
· Proven track record to recruit 300 people audience for past events
- Experience co-ordinating seniors events
- Computer skills, including using webinar technology, Email, MS Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Mature and Responsible
- Diploma in event co-ordination is an asset
This is a contract position that lasts the duration of the project. There is a set budget as funding for this role is based on a government grant.
Duration of Contract
· August 2020 to February 2021
· Event to be held from September 2020 to February 2021
· Stipend of $3,500 for 100 hours of work during time of contract
· Primarily work from home
Start date early August 2020. To be negotiated.
If you are interested, please email us a cover letter and resume.
Thank you for your interest, but only suitable candidates will be contacted and selected for an interview. Successful candidate will be required to provide two professional references.
We are a Canadian registered charity that focuses on teaching stress management and meditation to the public. We service primarily seniors. We have a strong focus on community service in our meditation teaching activities and have taught at the Bernard Betel Centre (Seniors’ Centre), North York Women's Shelter, 416 Community Support for Women, Ryerson University - Internationally Trained Medical Doctors (ITMD) Bridging Program, Nexus Youth in Mississauga (Youth Drop-in Counselling Centre), Ryerson University MBA program and the Canadian National Institute for the Blind - to list a few.
Centre for Conscious Awareness - Canada
Registered Charity Number 80438 7496 RR0001
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $35.00 per hour
- event co-ordination: 3 years (Required)