Transco, North America’s largest & leading school bus company has a job opening for the position Location Manager.
Under limited supervision, plan, direct and supervise the work activities, customer satisfaction, profitability and the day-to-day operations and management of the assigned location. Identify profitable market segments and business opportunities. Secure new customers and maintain current customers.
- Actively solicit new business while maintaining current customer base. Analyze and develop competitive advantages including financial, service related and fleet costs;
- Assist in preparation of tenders/bids by developing bid work-ups and analysis and participate in the bid process;
- Direct day-to-day operations by overseeing scheduling, routing, billing and accounting, payroll, inventory control, maintenance and other activities;
- Communicate with employees regarding location and company goals, objectives and policies;
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, administer budget and plan fiscal budget. Control all financial matters in the location;
- Research, analyze, maintain, record and communicate to the Area General Manager all competitive information;
- Hire, coach and provide day-to-day supervision to staff and attendants ensuring recruitment practices conform to company policy and employment legislation. Monitor employee turnover and proactively manage staff requirements;
- Maintain all company policies and procedures. Identify objective tools to measure performance and customer service levels;
- Maintain relevant industry measurements on a weekly basis and improve results if below the established set of minimum standards;
- Ensure maintenance programs are completed in a cost efficient, timely manner. Ensure equipment is safe, clean and dependable;
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of industry practices and trends, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Transport and Transport Canada statutory requirements, environmental requirements, Labour Codes, Employment Standards and Human Rights Act, Health and Safety and Workers Compensation as they relate to the location operations;
- Ensure branch compliance with all safety training, standards and requirements. Investigate, analyse and monitor unsafe incidents and accidents and implement effective remedial action in conjunction with driver safety personnel. Investigate all incidents of serious accident or injury;
- Co-ordinate activities with local media, public and community relations’ events and issues;
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with employee representatives; maintain monthly labour management meetings.
University degree preferred. Appropriate vehicle licences required.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- A minimum of 2-3 years management experience in a service environment including operations management and supervisory ability;
- Accounting and excellent communication and customer service skills a must;
- Relationship building and value-added selling skills are essential;
- Strong experience in a unionized environment and effective management of collective agreements preferred.
Office / branch environment. Travel to customers / prospects
Transco is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.