The Tank Hand is responsible for the mixing and maintenance of the drilling fluids and mud recycling equipment. He/She must have knowledge that includes how various mud additives perform and the ability to operate various type of mud cleaning equipment including systems with de-sanders/de-silters, scalping shakers and centrifuges.
- The Tank Hand, must be able to perform the testing of the drilling fluids and make recommendations to the Driller and or Rig Lead Hand as to how the mud is performing and must be able to follow the engineered drilling fluid plans provided.
- The tank hand will be responsible to assist in setting up and tear down of the entire drill spread, operate various equipment as required (picker, water truck, etc.), and assist in cleanup efforts in the event of an inadvertent fluid release.
* Pre-Employment & on the Job Drug and Alcohol Testing will be conducted
- All Big Bore safety-sensitive positions must take and pass a substance test (which includes marijuana testing) as a condition of employment.
- Marijuana remains in a users system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.
Safety Tickets Preferred:
- H2S, Confined Space
- First Aid
- Ground Disturbance
- Fall Protection
- Boiler Ticket
In house training includes:
- Workplace Hazard of Dangerous Goods (WHIMIS)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS)
- Complete and thorough training of all practices and procedures by a competent Big Bore Directional Drilling Inc. employee on the job.
Must have Previous experience with a variety of mud reclamation systems and centrifuges.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Reading & Writing & Communication skills must be excellent
- Good mathematical ability
- Work Independently, as well as with others
- Ability to follow directions from site supervisor
- Follow all Safe Work Practices and Job Procedures
- Maintain a Safe Work Environment
- Ability to perform testing of mud properties
- Physically Fit
- Ability to lift 50lbs +
- Shift work potentially required
- Clean Driver’s Abstract & Valid Class 1 or 3 will be given preference
- This is a Safety Sensitive Role, Mandatory A&D Testing performed
- Ability to think and react to changing conditions quickly
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willing to Work away from Home and in remote areas for extended periods
- Work in extreme temperatures (cold and heat)
Job Type: Full-time
- HDD/ Pipeline: 3 years (Required)
- Lloydminster, AB (Preferred)
- Class 1-3-5 (Required)