*This position is located at our Burlington, Ontario Plant.
MetriCan (founded in 1976) is a family owned and operated, Tier 2, metal stamping facility servicing the automotive industry. Our Burlington Plant (located close to Appleby Line & Mainway) is currently looking to hire Machine Operators/General Labourers to join our Welding Production Team.
We are looking for hard working, dedicated, punctual individuals who are looking for a permanent opportunity with potential for growth working on various shifts (see below). Work for an automotive company with the latest technologies. We are currently looking to grow our team, searching for people to operate our automatic welding machines (training provided).
choose from are as follows: (no rotations required, shifts are first-come/first serve basis).
- Straight Day shift; 6 am to 2 pm; Mon-Fri.
- Straight Afternoon shift; 2 pm to 10 pm; Mon-Fri.**
- Straight Night shift; 10 pm to 6 am; Sun-Thurs.**
** These two shifts also receive a shift premium.
- Growing industry & Company
- Full safety, quality and production training on done onsite
- Bus route accessible
- Operating an automatic welding machine
- Checking parts for defects or flaws
- Fast paced environment
- Overtime opportunities available
- Fixed schedule (no rotations required).
- Reliable & dependent
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform work that is repetitive in nature
- Machine operating experience not required but would be considered an asset
- Safety boots/shoes
REPORTS TO: Welding Supervisor
Compensation includes: health care benefits after 3 months and pension available after 1 year. Starting hourly rate is $16.00/hr.
To learn more about us, visit us at: www.metrican.com/careers
MetriCan will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
No Agencies calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 /hour