We are a private small business that provides in-home supports and out of home respite care for children, youth and adults with special needs. We are currently adding members to our team in the Thorndale area to work with all age groups who have a variety of developments and emotional needs. Applicants should have experience or background in working with Mental Health issues, Spectrum Disorder, Dual diagnosis, Physical and Develepmental Disabilities
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team, have effective intervention skills, and communicate successfully and interact positively with clients and their families.
This positions requires:
- Post Graduate Degree such as Early Childhood Education, Developmental Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Social service Worker or equivalent
- Experience with children and youth or adults with special needs
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with children with mental health challenges.
- Commitment to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
- First Aid, CPR, CPI certification an asset
- Must possess certification in PMB or CPI or willing to complete this training.
- Access to a vehicle and appropriate insurance
- Must provide a crimininal reference check and vulnurable sectors check. Please note only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Child and youth, mental health and/or complex special needs: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Thorndale, ON (Preferred)