We are seeking to fill a FULL-TIME position as a SERVICE & REPAIR TECHNICIAN (sanitation equipment, plant facilities equipment) at our DIEPPE LOCATION. This person must either come with experience or considers themselves as a general handyman, capable of equipment service and repair, be mechanically inclined, knowledge of machines, equipment and mechanical systems and must be willing to travel the Atlantic provinces with a immaculate drivers abstract. This job is typically a Monday to Friday position but may from time to time require evenings and weekends in the event of emergencies.
The service & repair maintenance technician position is responsible for service and repair of sanitation equipment such as vacuums, scrubbers, etc… must be capable of performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives, responsibilities include:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities. Maintain, manage and document Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and electrical functions.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- ****Training will be provided.
The successful candidate will have an understanding the working order of our machines is critical for the performance of our business. Additionally, candidates will possess:
- Equipment repair experience. Can easily read manuals and troubleshoot in order fix equipment as soon as possible
- Food manufacturing experience is a Plus!
- Mechanically inclined, knowledge of machines, equipment and mechanical systems.
- Physical requirements: the ability to speak (French and English), read and write English language; ability to stand, bend, craw, squat, kneel, climb and lift up to 75 lbs.; able to work in confined spaces;
- able to work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
- Communication: Excel in both written and oral communication; effective interpersonal and presentation skills; with professional attitude.
- Organized: Able to work independently; effective time management skills; able to manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines with a high attention to detail.
- Analytical: Superior critical thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data from multiple sources. Strong business acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
- Adaptable: Willingness to accept change; exhibit flexibility and adaptability. Along with the ability to absorb and quickly understand new information.
- Resourceful: Ability to deliver results utilizing the resources available. Has a get-it-done mentality.
Reference ID: 2020-Service
Application deadline: 2020-07-10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
We promote physical distancing and provide PPE to all employees.
- maintenance/service: 1 year (Required)