Assistant Site Superintendent - High Rise
Assists the Site Superintendent with the management of all functions of a high rise construction job site as it relates to construction, including scheduling and supervising job site according to the standards of Empire Communities.
- Oversee all site activities by any and all sub-trades each day
- Supervisor and direct construction labour force
- Use best efforts to resolve concerns between the various sub-trades, workers and suppliers
- Assist the Site Superintendent with inspecting the homes during all phases of construction, assisting in monitoring quality standards within the established schedules of a high volume production site
- Ensure all trades embrace and work in compliance with Health and Safety requirements established by Empire Communities and report non-compliance, ensuring the appropriate action is taken
- Ensure the accuracy of installation of each sub-trade as it pertains to the construction drawings and scope of work for that particular sub-trade
- Ensure that purchased extras are executed to the detail as outlined by the Project Coordinator
- Assist in maintaining a professional, well organized and safe job site
- Assist in managing and inspecting the quality of the trade performance and hold them accountable for upholding the Empire Communities standards of building, providing signed completion reports.
- Assist with completing progress reports/schedules
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Site Superintendent and other key contacts regarding concerns, discrepancies, additions or alterations that may arise during the course of construction
- Resolve any discrepancies that arise to ensure building finishes meet standards and codes
- Monitors site cleanliness and communicates/follows up with subcontractors responsibility for daily clean up.
- Suggest and make recommendations for process improvement
- Responsibilities and essential functions may be modified at any time depending on business needs
- Leadership experience is a must
- Thorough understanding of construction methods, scheduling and blueprint reading
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively in demanding situations
- Highly effective organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work within a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Valid drivers license, must provide a clean drivers abstract
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario Building Code