We are seeking an enthusiastic and friendly individual to connect customers of all ages to the wide range of resources, programs and services offered by the Brantford Public Library. This position provides a variety of customer services at Brantford Public Library’s integrated desks ensuring a high-quality relationship with all customers, meeting their needs for efficient registration and orientation, loans, collections inquiries, basic information solutions, reader’s advisory and basic use of digital services and devices. The successful candidate should be: flexible; able to resolve conflicts and problem solve effectively; experienced in analyzing and responding to customer needs; and, cooperative with supervisors and co-workers.
The position is available Immediately.
Reports to: Manager – Public Services
Salary Range: $23.63/hour - $25.28/hour
Hours of Work: Maximum of 24 hours per week, including evenings and
Saturdays. Sundays as stated in the Collective Agreement.
- Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education in relevant area
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability in customer engagement
- Demonstrated ability to process detailed information
- Demonstrated ability with technology
- Proficient in ILS circulation modules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Valid G-class License and access to a vehicle.
- Provides circulation, reader’s advisory, collection services and basic information services to customers
- Assists customers with use of virtual services and devices
- Assists with the organization and delivery of dynamic and innovative library services, programming and outreach
- Recommends enhancements to current services and suggestions for new services, to meet the needs of customers
- Refers complex inquiries and issues
- Develops, organizes and maintains displays
- Recommends programming needs that arise from working with customers
- Identifies and resolves service problems, and reports those requiring further resolution
- Recommends collection items for the system
- Collaborates with other staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of designated services
- Maintains awareness of professional and community knowledge
- Assists with training of pages, volunteers and support assistants and oversees the tasks of shelves and volunteers
- Processes overdue items including follow-up and liaison with collection agencies
- Prepares statistics and reports as required
- Reconciles daily cash receipts
- Processes items for repair, shelving or discard
- Other duties consistent with job responsibilities
Testing will be a part of the interview process.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday July 17, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Kelly Nielsen, Manager – Public Services
c/o J. Geerts, Office Administrator
Brantford Public Library
173 Colborne Street
Brantford, ON N3T 2G8
Fax: (510) 756-49790.
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Brantford Public Library is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.63 to $25.28 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- Brantford, ON (Preferred)
- G-Class (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)