VanDriel Excavating strives to be the contractor of choice through Quality, Excellence and Teamwork in Excavation and Civil construction, and we have open position for Construction Carpenter in heavy civil and bridge construction on municipal and commercial projects
- Perform a variety of tasks including setting forms, pour and vibrate concrete, finish concrete, strip forms in a safe manner.
- Assists other workers with general labour activities when required
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques.
- Adapt easily to different forming systems
- Work with a variety of hand tool, power tools and equipment used in concrete construction.
- Experience required
- Dependable work attendance
- A positive attitude and willingness to work as a part of a team
- Experience in the construction industry with a willingness to learn
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Safety minded
- Adheres to ethical work habits
- Good attitude and willingness to follow directions
- Must be able to work 50 hours/week as a minimum
- Must be able to work 50+ hours as required
- Must be able to work Saturdays as required
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Use of PPE required.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- RRSP Plan
VanDriel Excavating Inc. is committed to quality, creativity and innovation. With our project supervisors, estimators, technical support staff and all employees, we are proud to offer a complete project from start to finish. In providing this service we will not sacrifice the safety or well-being of our employees, customers or the environment. We strive to meet and exceed a higher expectation in the construction field while offering our clients quality of workmanship, efficiency and productivity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $26.00 /hour
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)