Glen Hill Marnwood
Dietary Aide - casual
Durham Christian Homes is a welcoming community that provides exemplary, quality care to our residents through empowerment, compassion, dignity, and respect.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager and under the direction of the Cook, the Dietary Aide is responsible for optimal food service to residents and families based on legislative requirements and Glen Hill standards.
The Dietary Aide is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintaining the dietary department in a safe and sanitary manner. Provides assistance to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals;
- Assists in monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises Dietary Manager/Cook of problems;
- Follows proper food handling techniques. Dates, labels, and stores food properly. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties. Maintains cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas;
- Assists in the preparation, re-heating and service of beverages, breakfast items, vegetables, nourishment items, salads, desserts and catering as assigned;
- Assists in serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes;
- Sets and cleans dining tables and trays; assists in dish and pan washing, storage, and cleaning duties;
- Alerts Dietary Manager/Cook to problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- Must have completed or be enrolled in a Food Service Worker program.
- Safe Food Handling Certificate.
- Must be able to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions;
- Must be mature and possess good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents of a LTC home;
- Must be in good physical and mental health;
- Must be an effective team player who works well with others and is able to take directions.
Job Type: Casual
- dietary: 1 year (Preferred)