First Canadian Financial Group is an industry leader and national supplier of creditor group insurance, mechanical breakdown plans, aftermarket appearance protection, anti-theft protection, road hazard tire and rim protection products to automotive, RV, marine, and power sports dealers. We also offer more traditional insurance product offerings including employee group benefits and term life insurance. We market, underwrite, administer, and provide professional product and sales training for all of our programs. Celebrating more than 30 years as a privately chartered insurance company with over 250 employees nationally, our value proposition is to provide quality products and industry leading best practices to develop and grow the financial services departments of the dealerships that offer our programs. Our commitment is to maintain the highest level of professionalism and ethics. We are an A.M. Best rated company which is a global credit rating organization focused on the insurance industry and indicates that we are recognized for our financial stability and sustainability.
The CLAIMS EXAMINER (French bilingual) reports to the Creditor Insurance Claims Manager. The incumbent will have strong analytical, decision-making, communication skills, and strong customer service orientation. Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are critical. The successful candidate will be proficient with a PC environment utilizing Microsoft Office products.
Hours of Work:
9:00am to 6:00pm (Monday-Friday)
- Claim development through correspondence with claimant, employers, medical practitioners, healthcare agencies, pharmacies and financial institutions.
- Adjudicate claims in accordance to the terms and conditions of coverage within established job standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients in a timely, consistent, and professional manner.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills with competency in decision making.
- Superior attention to detail; quality orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and is capable of dealing with time sensitive matters.
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in any of the following: Insurance / Claim Examination / Medical / Legal is preferred.
- Medical terminology training or experience in the medical field is an asset; candidates without this experience will be required to successfully complete Medical terminology training within a specified time period upon commencement of employment.
- Fully bilingual (in French and English) – proven competency communicating verbally and business writing in both languages.
- University/Diploma/Certificate preferred or other academic / professional experience equivalencies may be considered.
At First Canadian Financial Group, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and socially responsible. We offer developmental opportunities for employees that demonstrate exceptional skill, a positive attitude, proficiency, loyalty and commitment. We have a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, an RRSP Plan with a matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, corporate discounts and a mandatory social club which requires $10/month. We believe in our employees and their contribution to our success so, in addition to vacation, we also provide an Earned-Time-Off program. It is our pleasure to reward our teams with other special events such as a yearly flu shot clinic.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
- claims: 1 year (Required)
- French (Required)
- English (Required)