We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a 1 year term Youth and Family Counsellor I or II (Youth Employment Locator) for our Lethbridge Youth Connections Program. The successful candidate will work 3 days per week.
The Youth and Family Counsellor (Youth Employment Locator) will develop and implement a plan to reach targeted youth and community partners. The successful candidate will utilize a collaborative approach to engage vulnerable youth with professionally trained staff and individualized support based on the need of the participant(s). Learning opportunities that are age/stage appropriate and are distinct to the needs of each youth, i.e. depending upon need the initiative will provide a combination of learning modules one-on-one and/or group, work experience/internship and group activities.
This position reports to the Program Supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop opportunities for educational and work experiences with local businesses and educators.
- Develop an Intake Information Package that identifies the participant’s individualized needs including basic needs, income level, and individualized needs for success.
- Develop participant employment or educational plans and follow up plans.
- Deliver training curriculum and supports necessary to assist youth to complete the individualized participant plan.
- Assist participants as needed to complete employment applications, interviews, and job placement activities.
- Provide follow up supports to both participants and employers.
- Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
- Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with at-risk youth.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, YFC Youth Employment Locator’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary