Cargill is hiring for full time General Production employees to work in our beef processing facility located 30 minutes South of Calgary in High River, Alberta. We are looking for applicants that value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
The employee would be working in a Harvest and meat cutting establishment. They would be performing specific and precise functions on the production floor. Work may include specific slaughtering tasks such as hide removal and eviscerating carcasses on a fast paced moving chain or removing bone from meat, trimming fat and cutting it to particular specifications on a fast paced moving conveyor belts.
All duties must be performed in a safe manner and wear all Personal Protective Equipment’s that are provided for the specific tasks.
Experience is not required, successful candidates will be trained.
· Must pass Company Medical Examination
· Must pass Criminal Background Check
· Must be legally eligible to work for Cargill in Canada
· Must be 18 years or older
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
· Commitment to safety and quality processes
· Attention to detail and work well with others
· Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
· Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
· Reliability/ Dependability
· Basic English communication skills
· Able to work in a fast paced environment
472 Ave & Highway 2A North
High River Alberta, T1V 1P4
Wages are based in our Collective Bargaining Agreement
Start date: As soon as possible
Starting wage is $19.55, will increase to $21.25 after three months and up to $23.50/hour depending on job rate level
Benefits coverage are based in our Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits will commence after three months of employment.
How to apply
Apply online at: careers.cargill.com
By phone: (403) 652 – 8404 – Recruiting Office
Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.55-$23.50 per hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
To keep our staff safe, everyone are asked they have covid-19 symptoms prior to entering the facility, check individuals temperature. We've installed plastic barriers in the hallways, barriers in cafeteria tables, barriers in production areas.
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- High River, AB (Preferred)