Rainbow Contractors designs & builds architectural millwork solutions for our numerous retail, institutional and commercial clients. We manufacture our products in-house in our production facility in Calgary, AB and our millwork designs are unparalleled in quality and execution. We work closely with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors to constantly innovate our product offerings.
Our strong reputation for delivering customer requirements starts with our Design team. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a CAD/CAM Design Manager to join our team. As Manager of this department, you will be accountable for performance of the CAD/CAM Design Team, as well as the development and execution of best practices, standards and procedures related to cabinet & architectural woodwork design, fabrication and construction project deliverables.
The company uses Microvellum, an AutoCAD-based 3D Parametric Modeling and Automation platform for design and production planning. You will be accountable to support and implement all related technical, personnel and training requirements.
- Ensure that design practices and models support current fabrication techniques
- Maintain the one-to-one relationship between the parts utilized in the Bill of Material and the item catalogue in the company’s ERP system
- Nurture effective and timely communication between Design, Project Management and Operations personnel
- Maximize the utilization of parametric modelling tools to improve design efficiency and consistency
- Lead, direct and develop a design team of 3-4 employees
- Plan, organize and manage work plans and deliverables of design team
- Establish and maintain the CAD service strategy and develop associated standards, workflows, processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Preconstruction, Project Management, Fabrication and Construction Operations teams to implement methods and standards and to ensure project and company requirements are established and met.
- Continuously improve CAD processes and deliverables
- Maintain a proactive and positive working relationship with all internal and external customers
- Minimum 5-7 years of management experience demonstrating a progression in responsibility, with proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to motivate and coach team members
- Demonstrated success as the driver of key company deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of Inventor and Autodesk CAD Modeling and Automation tools for Structural and Mechanical applications
- Working knowledge of Microvellum an asset, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of advanced Parametric Modeling techniques using ilogic, iParts, iAssemblies, content center, frame generator, dynamo, etc.
- Experience within the construction industry
- Cabinet and architectural woodwork design experience
- Excellent project management and project control capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- schooling within engineering, architectural, mechanical or related discipline
- Ability to travel as needed (US & Canada)
As part of our application process, please create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, and help us ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled.
Your Plum Profile will allow you to stand out from your fellow applicants for your true talents.
Are you a Task Master? Are you a natural Adapter? Are you an excellent Communicator? Everyone has talents and Plum helps you showcase yours.
Take this chance to learn more about your talents, and apply that knowledge as you grow your career. We are excited to learn more about you!
Start Now: copy and paste the following link into your browser and click to follow: http://bit.ly/2FOVtgx
Rainbow Contractors offers :
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
If you are up to the challenge, Please reply with your resume and a cover letter
Rainbow Contractors thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Cad: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)
- English (Required)