Location: Comox, Parksville, Nanaimo, Victoria
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Senior Regional Director, Operations, the Regional Director, Operations is responsible for delivering and implementing the Strategic goals and objectives of the organization to ensure the core purpose, the mission and the values are achieved. With a view to leading the industry in seniors housing and services and being an employer of choice. This role provides strong leadership, mentorship, and coaching to ensure the portfolio provides high quality care.
The Regional Director Operations will have a particular focus on ensuring the portfolios maintain the following as core deliverables:
· Maintain high quality care
· Foster a culture of empowerment
· Build and support collaborative relationships between all stakeholders
· Achieve all legislative requirements within the portfolio
· Financial oversight
· Achieve sales targets for each community
The Regional Director, Operations will lead and provide support to the community General Managers and community leaders. They will also work collaboratively with the Health Authority (HA) and all stakeholders within their portfolio to ensure that the company delivers consistent high-quality, resident focused care, customer service, employee satisfaction, and is active participant in their community.
In addition, the Regional Director, Operations will be involved in leading, communicating, and implementing key company-wide initiatives aimed at optimizing quality of care, service excellence, strong stakeholder relationships and exceptional performance.
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Regional Director includes but is not limited to:
· Provide the requisite oversight, and support, to ensure all Key Performance Indicator targets are met within designated portfolio
· Support each communities strategic planning process ensuring the plans alignment with the overall business needs and strategic focus.
· Participate in the corporate strategic processes including Financial, Sales, marketing, human resources, OH&S, Clinical, Support Services, Administration, Recreation and other.
· Support General Manager in site based operations within portfolio
· Support and coach for the growth and development of direct and indirect reports
· Act as the liaison between communities and support office.
· Liaise with Health Authority around regional practices and initiatives; provide direction to communities on any regulatory requirements, changes and improvements
· Acts as a resource/coach on matters of regulations standards accreditation, health & wellness purchasing, information systems, and continuous quality improvement for the communities.
· Partner and collaborate with all stakeholders.
· Ensure care standards are in keeping with the appropriate regulatory standards and supports adaptation of best practices.
· Communicates effectively and works collaboratively with all staff and support office to ensure work is effectively completed.
· Participates in support committees as necessary.
· Complies with the OH&S Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Globally Harmonized System, as well as all other applicable legislation.
· Completes all other duties as assigned by leader, which may include involvement in special projects, analysis etc.
· Recognized education in areas of hospitality, health administration, clinical leadership or operational management
· Minimum of 5 - 7 years of related experience with demonstrated leadership in operations management within a health care setting
· Exceptional Communication and Critical Thinking Skills
· Good interpersonal skills and an ability to manage multiple critical timelines.
· Regular travel to facilities within assigned portfolio.
· Valid Provincial Driving License, abstract and criminal record check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- hospitality, health administration, clinical leadership: 1 year (preferred)
- leadership operations: 5 years (preferred)
- BC driver's license (preferred)