On behalf of our client, StarFish Medical, we are searching for a Systems Engineer in Victoria, BC, or Toronto, ON, who will identify, develop and shape the ideal technical solutions for complex multi-disciplinary medical products in all phases of the development lifecycle. You will find yourself working alongside Program Managers, Project Managers and others within the Systems Engineering team.
Do your communication skills successfully bring diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded, and out-of- the-box thinking. You already know a “one size fits all” solution isn’t always the answer and will tailor the systems engineering approach to suit the specific program needs. Would you say you have meticulous attention to detail and bring experience writing, reviewing, and executing test plans?
A typical year at StarFish Medical means hands-on involvement with multiple projects for medical devices that meet various international regulatory standards in conformance with Starfish’s Quality Management System.
If you would love to be a part of this creative, open-minded and high functioning team, please review the Job Description at www.TallSky.cato find out more about the Systems Engineer role.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or similar degrees in Mechanical, Electrical or Software/Firmware or Systems.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent related experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and systems thinking capabilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including ability to maintain accurate records and traceability.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and executing test plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and requirements clearly.
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies and incorporate on-the-fly change of plans.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Knowledge of medical device development in an ISO 13485 or other regulated industry desired.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a cover letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- recent, related systems engineering: 5 years (Required)
- medical device development in an ISO 13485 industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)