The Facilities Team Member is part of a high-performance team focused on keeping the mezzanine, conveyor area and recycle centre environments clean and to assist the amenity cleaner with heavier duty functions and their back-up in absences. This objective will be accomplished with the use of both manual and powered equipment as required (sweepers, forklifts, balers, auto scrubbers, demolition tools etc.) and involves the coordinated completion of a variety of job tasks.
The position available is for:
- Afternoon Shift; Monday to Thursday – 4:45 PM-3:15 AM
Overtime is available on an as-needed basis according to business needs
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recycle Centre Management – Execute a comprehensive recycle program to minimize waste to landfill
o Manage damage or discontinued product into accurate sorting of recyclable staging/containers
o Operate cardboard and plastic balers, recycle and garbage compactors, and Styrofoam densifier
- Conveyor Areas including Mezzanine – Clean under and around all conveyors on ground floor and mezzanine including stairwells
o At times the role will assist with scheduled maintenance downtime cleaning conveyor parts or lending a hand if requested
- Backup Role – During all absences of the amenity cleaner
o Cafeterias, Washrooms, Hallways, Stairwells etc.
o Auto floor scrubbers, vacuuming, moping, windows, refrigerators, microwaves, dusting waste management etc.
- Perform other duties as directed
### Exigences du poste
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with co-workers and management staff
- Knowledge of safe handling procedures for cleaning products and equipment
- Proven attention to detail and ability to take initiative