Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Duty Free Shop is accepting applications for a full-time Warehouse Receiver. This retail outlet caters to the travelling public and is open 24/7.
The successful candidate is qualified to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Answers shipping/receiving gate during regular business hours.
- Directs delivery trucks and unloads shipments.
- Able to do heavy lifting and operate warehouse equipment.
- Ensures the receiving process is performed in accordance with documented policy and that all manifests are properly checked and completed prior to releasing carrier’s documentation. Enters the shipment into the receiving log.
- Ensures that merchandise pending CBSA release is segregated and secured in accordance with regulations and local instructions, and that all cleared shipments are immediately removed to the appropriate storage areas. Records acquittal number.
- Assists the supervisor with processing orders when required.
- Works with the supervisor to bring merchandise to the sales floor.
- Delivers testers and gift with purchase items to the appropriate secured rooms.
- Assists with inventory preparation, physical inventory count and recounts when required.
- Prepare and record all damages, destructs and credits. Assist CBSA officer with the physical destruction of merchandise and deliver paperwork to accounting for processing.
- Ensures the sales floor is adequately stocked with liquor, beer and tobacco products and rotates tobacco area on a daily basis.
- Ensures that ice is always stocked and ordered.
- Daily errands (ie, currency exchange location, bank, city hall).
- Ensure the warehouse is always clean and adheres to all health & safety requirements.
- Miscellaneous duties as required, including assisting with general maintenance duties when needed.
A police clearance is required for this position.
References are required.
**No phone calls please**
Job Type: Full-time
- warehouse, shipping and receiving: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)