Fire-Pro is a local leader in the fire protection industry. We have a proud history of providing the very best of fire protection in British Columbia for over 25+ years. We aim to provide the highest levels of client service with a firm commitment of honesty and integrity. Fire-Pro has a strong team who take pride in their work and support each other. We are seeking team members to join us who take their work seriously, but can also share in a good laugh with the team. We believe in doing the job right, and don't cut corners. Life Safety Comes First.
Fire-Pro is looking for a Controller to support our growing team.
- Accountability and responsibility for all accounting functions including accounts receivables, collections, accounts payables, cash and banking reconciliation of accounts, and daily deposits and receipts.
- Maintain and conduct full cycle accounts receivables. Including issuing statements and reminder emails and calls to escalating collection efforts.
- Prepare and process accounts payable internal approvals, invoices, cheques, and EFT payments
- Handle full and partial sets of the Company’s accounts, including receivables, payables, inventory management and the general ledger
- Prepare and maintain accounting journals, schedules and reconciliations as scheduled and required.
- Prepare and submit all GST, PST, WCB, EHT filings
- Manage all corporate insurance and compliance requirements
- Prepare all management financial reports and/or maintains spreadsheets for the President & CEO, and divisional managers.
- Assist in annual audits and review with auditors
- Process full-cycle salary and hourly payroll, including all relevant general ledger journal entries.
- Process and prepare all year-end documents (T4’s, ROE’s)
- Manage and Administer Fire-Pro Benefits including extended health/dental, group insurance, RRSP, and others)
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as required
- Other ad-hoc duties and projects as required.
- 7+ years account experience
- Bachelors Degree
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person