Personal Attendant Care Inc. seeks a committed and caring individual to provide personal support care to physically disabled clients within the Oshawa area. The successful candidate will: ensure a safe environment for staff and clients; understand, promote, and demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of independent living, within the guidelines and operational standards of Personal Attendant Care Inc.
- Personal grooming and hygiene: Bathing and washing, assistance with rising and retiring, e.g. dressing/undressing.
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating.
- Toileting, e.g. emptying/changing leg bag, catheterization, bowel routines.
- Essential communication, e.g. bliss boards, augmentative communicating.
- Positioning and transferring.
- Assistance with exercises as defined in the individual’s plan of service.
- Use of special equipment, e.g. Hoyer lift.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records and documentation pertinent to specific. individual clients, within the guidelines established by Personal Attendant Care Inc.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate;
- Trained in Intermittent Catheterization and Bowel Treatments;
- Up-to-date First Aid and CPR Certificates;
- Car with a valid driver’s license is mandatory;
- Valid car insurance;
- Must have police clearance within the previous 6 months and;
- Must have medical and TB clearance.
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting File #PSW-2019-011 in a .pdf or .doc file format by Tuesday, December 17, 2019. The position will be posted until filled. We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage members of historically disadvantage groups to apply for opportunities within our organization. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require accommodation for disability during the recruitment process please e-mail us.
To learn more about Personal Attendant Care Inc. visit www.pacdurham.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Durham Region, ON (Preferred)