Are you looking for a slammin’ new gig? Well, we’re hiring!
Join the Trade Secrets team at our Bramalea City Centre location (in Brampton).
Our goal is to ensure that our clients are happy and informed about their hairstyle and image and feel confident when leaving our shop.
The best thing about Trade Secrets are our people. If you have outstanding customer service skills, know how to check your ego at the door to support your colleagues, want to work with the city’s best, and laugh along the way — this gig’s for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide hair services, such as cutting, trimming, washing and styling hair, fades, blowouts, straightening, colour, highlights and perms.
- Assisting clients with recommendations for hair products and accessories.
- Assist with retail sales
- Schedule clients for services
- Process payments; ensure the cash register is balanced
- Educate clients on products and keep them up-to-date on current promotions
- Maintaining cleanliness of the salon and your station.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the beauty industry
- Professional appearance
- Team player - must work well with others.
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Experience in a salon/spa environment
- Experience in retail
- Eyebrow waxing/threading an asset
- Esthetics training and experience is an asset.
- Well organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Milano software or alternative scheduling program an asset
- Goldwell or Redken Chromatics and Shades EQ experience an asset.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekends
- Own Clientele an asset
- Licensed with the Ontario college of trade
We provide competitive compensation packages. So if you are looking for a new opportunity, consider us. Please forward your cover letter and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Commission, Casual, Freelance, ...
- eyebrow waxing or threading: 2 years (Required)
- retail sales: 2 years (Required)
- hair stylist: 2 years (Required)
- beauty industry: 2 years (Required)
- Hairstylist license with Ontario College of Traded (Required)
- English (Required)