Founded in 2009, Wishpond is a rapidly growing technology company providing digital marketing solutions targeted at small businesses.
The cloud-based platform includes landing pages, social promotions, website pop-ups, online forms, and lead activity tracking. Furthermore, Wishpond has a dedicated team of professional project managers, designers, copywriters, and developers that provide tailored marketing services.
Wishpond serves over 2,000 customers in various industries and sizes, from startups to large fortune 500 companies. Wishpond has a rapidly growing global headcount of over 100 people between employees and full-time remote contractors.
While the Company has a beautiful office located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, as of March 2020, Wishpond adopted a hybrid model giving employees the flexibility to work remotely or from the office.
Wishpond is seeking an experienced CPA to lead the Company's financial reporting function while playing an active role in financial planning & analysis (FP&A) and corporate development (M&A) initiatives. Wishpond is in the process of becoming a publicly listed company in the TSX-V; therefore, the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of IFRS and public company reporting requirements.
- Manage the financial reporting function and lead the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated IFRS financial statements
- Lead the preparation of the quarterly and annual Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) documents
- Lead the preparation of financial information and presentations required for management executive, audit committee, and board meetings
- Monitor compliance with public company requirements and tax regulations
- Manage the preparation of technical accounting analysis and required disclosures for complex transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, and debt and equity offerings.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and ongoing continuous disclosure requirements
- Design, implement and enforce internal controls throughout the organization
- Lead consolidation accounting for new acquisitions completed
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and lead the preparation for the annual audit
- Assist with corporate development efforts, including target company screening, due diligence, negotiation, and closing procedures.
- A bachelors’ degree in accounting, and a CPA, CA from public practice (required)
- 5+ years of progressive, hands-on experience in public companies reporting under IFRS (required)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting standards (required)
- Public company experience (strongly preferred)
- Advanced understanding of Canadian tax rules and regulations (an asset)
- Exposure to M&A transactions, internal controls, transfer-pricing, multi-currencies, multi-subsidiary consolidation, and technical accounting (an asset)
- Experience designing and implementing internal controls (an asset)
- Experience working within the finance team of a Software as a Service company (an asset)
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (required)
- Eligibility to work in Canada (required)
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Comprehensive extended benefits package
- We are a ‘remote-first’ workplace now but we also have a beautiful office in downtown Vancouver if that's your preference
- Investment in your professional development through an annual learning allowance
- Healthy and vibrant working environment
- Job Type: Full-time
- Ideal candidate location: anywhere in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Work from home