Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Local Immigration Partnership, is responsible for providing program support, including stakeholder management, coordination, administration, financial and statistical analysis for the Local Immigration Partnership (LIP) program; assisting in the recruitment and selection of the Partnership Council that is representative of a wide variety of sector; providing policy support and strategic advice to the Department; interpreting federal and provincial legislation and regulations, monitoring and assessing impact on Regional policies and practices, including planning initiatives and providing advice on performance measurement; researching, developing and analyzing innovative and strategic policies and programs to respond to human services, agencies and community needs; preparing environmental scans; and developing cross-functional linkages to ensure that policies and programs align with Department, Provincial and Federal goals; preparing briefing notes and committee reports.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a municipal or provincial public policy or immigration research and program evaluation with responsibilities in leading complex settlement project initiatives and program/policy development.
- Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the community served and client social issues.
- Knowledge of Local Immigration Partnership program and/or current immigration issues and legislation.
- Knowledge of provincial legislative, regulatory and policy framework and ability to interpret and translate into policy and policy options for the Department.
0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 17, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$54.07 to $58.78 per hour