COVID-19 Registered Nurse
Contact Tracing & Immunization/Rapid Response, BC Centre for Disease Control, $36.23 - $47.58 per hour
Temporary Full time Opportunities Available
PHSA is actively seeking COVID-19 Registered Nurses (RNs) to support contact tracing and BC’s Covid-19's Immunization Plan
These temporary positions will work as part of the BC Centre for Disease Control’s team. Our COVID-19 Nurses will provide assessment services for individuals presenting with or at risk for COVID-19. This includes: testing, surveillance, sample collection, communicating test results, administering immunizations, and supporting investigations by monitoring active cases and laboratory reports.
Our COVID-19 RNs will focus on immunization of the Covid -19 vaccine, contact tracing, providing support and guidance to reduce transmission and spread of the pandemic across our region. These roles will commence in immediately until December 31, 2021. This position is located in Vancouver and flexibility to travel and/or work at multiple sites across BC is required in support of the regional health authorities’ COVID-19 response.
Join our team of #healthcareheroes in the fight against COVID-19!
What is contact tracing? Check out BCCDC's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE9Mhll30Ks&feature=youtu.be
What you’ll do
- Provide nursing services in person or via telephone to individuals presenting with – or at risk for – COVID-19 including taking history, assessing risk, and gathering data appropriate to clinical diagnosis.
- Communicate test results to COVID-19 infected clients, providing instructions, supportive counselling and information about the disease and treatment.
- Interview COVID-19 infected clients to collect all available information regarding contact. Investigate when information is limited to find named contacts.
- Confidentially inform named contacts regarding potential exposure to positive COVID-19 results, and recommend actions.
- Obtain symptom information, refer for testing, and provide instructions for quarantine. Document required testing, treatment and guidance to reduce spread.
What you bring:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
You will also have:
- Broad knowledge of communicable disease control and community development procedures and practices including prevention, health promotion, and reporting responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols, and ability to successfully complete Provincial Immunization Certification.
- Adept assessment skills, working sensitivity and tactfully with clients including diverse and marginalized populations.
- Strong communicator with ability to develop productive and trusting relationships with co-workers, physicians, client, families, and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize, while adjusting to new or unexpected circumstances.
** Travel outside of existing geographic area will be required, and will be compensated in accordance with applicable collective agreement language.
Temporary, Full time (Until December 31, 2021)
$36.23 - $47.58 per hour
Vancouver & flexibility to travel to multiple sites
Monday – Sunday; Various Day Shifts available (8 hr shifts)
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), and is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: CovidRN0921
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $36.23-$47.58 per hour