Victim Services Niagara (VSN) provides a 24 hour crisis support to victims of crime or tragic circumstance in the Niagara Region.
VSN programs create opportunities, foster hope and builds safer & healthier communities.
TITLE: VCAO Administrator
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 7.5 month temporary contract (Aug. 10th, 2020 - March 31st , 2021)
CLOSING DATE: July 6th, 2020
START DATE: Aug. 10th, 2020
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, primarily between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Must be willing to participate in shared staff schedule of on-call shifts (one week every 3 weeks).
Candidates must have a college or university degree in social/human sciences, with a preference in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Social Service or related field. French language or another second language is an asset.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Report to the Executive Director
· Supporting VSN programs and services including VCAO, VQRP and the volunteer program
· Supporting the Executive Director and other staff as required
· Maintain, develop and manage agency forms and documentation
· Manage office supplies and office necessities
· Provide confidential short-term case management and service coordination for clients, including timely and supportive follow-ups (on-scene and in the office).
· Advocate on behalf of victim with government, social, and human services by providing referrals to partnering agencies
· Determine eligibility for financial assistance based on criteria outlined by the Ministry of the Attorney General office (MAG) and complete VQRP+, formal safety planning and other relevant documents as required
· Manage/create/update social media posts and website
· Organize/develop new VSN training video
· Manage/create/update forms, launch of new volunteer database, Teams and Dropbox
· Responsible for volunteer/team leader schedule, emergency shift coverage, follow ups, tracking attendance and hours
· Responsible for Team Leader/staff back up schedule
· Responsible for checking voicemails
· Responsible for the organization of volunteer recognition, bimonthly meetings, team leader meetings, core training including booking of speakers, rooms, scheduling Zoom, PowerPoint presentations and handouts
· Track orders for volunteer materials including grief kits and safety plan materials
· Ensure volunteer forms and community resources and contacts are up to date
· Assist with volunteer program activities, assist in scheduling community engagements, meetings and education opportunities
· Assist with planning, organizing, scheduling, booking and tracking agency events and fundraising activities- coordinating community engagement volunteers for events
· Promote public awareness about the services provided by VSN including public presentations on agency programs
· Provide support for the emergency referral line during office hours, and as a back-up when necessary during after hour
· All other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Knowledge and experience in working with victims of crime and or tragic circumstances.
· Previous experience with crisis intervention and a proven ability to handle emergencies, crisis, or hostile behavior. Maintain control in difficult and frustrating situations.
· Confident and consistent decision making skills
· Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs of the organization and demands of the position.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Canva, online marketing strategies
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Comfortable with public speaking
· Experience in the organization of fundraising and event management
· Work with all levels of staff, including volunteers and front line staff
· Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and deadlines.
· Ability to balance heavy workload demands/priorities effectively.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/TRAINING (not required):
· CISM Training
· Suicide Intervention Training
· Mental Health Training
· Risk Assessment Training
· Work is generally performed in office and community settings, rotational basis during the pandemic
· Flexible hours and the ability to manage on-call requirements of a 24/7 organization. This position requires the ability to respond to certain types of incidences (such as homicide or death of a child) as mandated by the Ministry of Attorney General
· Current Valid Ontario Driver’s License without restrictions, insurability, and a reliable car. Work involves regular driving through the community.
· Criminal Reference Check.
· VSN adheres to the Workplace Safety Guidelines and Standards. We are an office environment with no special equipment or uniforms required. It is business casual attire, as per our Policies & Procedures manual.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to the Executive Director by July 6th, 2020:
Tarryn Anderson - email attached.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted
Expected start date: 2020-08-10
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Access to masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. Office layout has been spaced out.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19