At Andrews Senior Care, we have a collaborative health care model with a philosophy focused on providing excellence in care to our residents and families. We provide health care at an assisted living level, along with nursing care.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Cook to join our team at Andrews of Parkhill. The position requires a professional cook that is personable, patient and demonstrates an ability of being calm under a variety of situations.
- Prepare food for service. (E.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat or preparing sauces)
- Mixing, preparing and baking bread and pastries.
- Ensure food is served simultaneously, in a high quality and timely manner.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and residents.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with residents in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and provide accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Self motivated, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Training will be provided for this position.
- Completion of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume by quoting the job title of this position in the subject line.
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Andrews Senior Care is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)