Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, Br Surgical Suites you will receive and process patients for the OR, PACU and SDS.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Administration certificate / diploma or equivalent or have minimum of 1 year current relevant clerical experience in a hospital setting
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (testing will be administered)
- Demonstrates accurate filing skills (Will be required to complete and pass the skills assessment)
- Experience with Order entry and Meditech
- Working knowledge of SIS program
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, interpersonal
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Excellent telephone skills, able efficiently manage up to 3 telephone lines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrated commitment to self-development and learning
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Experience with Community Wide Scheduling and appointment bookings
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Medical terminology (testing will be administered)
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers