Novonix Battery Testing Services Inc., located in Bedford, NS, is a world leader in the sales and development of high precision battery charger systems. Novonix provides high precision battery testing services for the lithium-ion battery industry, conducts lithium-ion battery research and provides battery making and consulting services for lithium-ion battery businesses. Serving many of the world's largest automobile and battery manufacturers, Novonix technology is used to evaluate products for EV, energy storage and consumer applications. We are expanding our battery pilot line capabilities to support research activities for ourselves and our customers.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our battery research group in the position of Junior Battery Development Scientist. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Building battery sub-assemblies and cells of various designs for evaluation of improved materials and to meet customer’s battery needs.
- Optimizing battery making processes to ensure baseline product consistency
- Mixing electrode binder solutions and electrode slurries.
- Making electrolyte formulations
- Working closely with researchers regarding novel cell designs and design of experiments for evaluation of new materials.
- Documentation of cell making procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc degree in Chemistry or other science program.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-starter who works well individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Can work well in a fast-paced field to accomplish tasks correctly and on time
- Prior research lab work an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year