J. Addison is a rapidly expanding co-educational, private secondary school committed to providing the highest quality instruction based on the Ontario curriculum. Using the principles of co-operative and collaborative learning, we assist in the development of each of our student's academic potential and success in a structured and supportive environment. Located in the picturesque city of Markham, Ontario, we are looking for enthusiastic and effective leaders to navigate us through highly anticipated growth with the addition of our brand new campus, offering almost 58,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities on 3 floors, including dormitory residences, cafeteria, 2 storey-high gymnasium, library, and so much more.
The Admissions Officer will be the expert on admissions, in an assigned region, preferably in South America, Europe, or South Asia. Main duties of this role are to provide information and communicate with prospective students, agents, applicants, guidance counsellors, parents, faculty and school administrators regarding a broad range of admissions-related question/topics, including complex or non-routine issues. This position spearheads the schools recruitment efforts by devising an effective marketing plan to recruit international students through utilizing a variety of different media outlets to raise awareness of our school and its programs which may include delivering information sessions on and off-campus.
Additional responsibilities will include analyses and recommending solutions or enhancements to processes, training support staff, monitoring, investigating and trouble-shooting application issues. The incumbent recommends and implements office procedures through the use of automation; assists in the evaluation and implementation of system enhancements; and collaborates with all school departments in the management of applicant records to facilitate the admission process.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or a business related field, or equivalent combination of experience
- Fluent English skills speaking, reading and writing (fluency in language of assigned region is extremely beneficial)
- 2-3 years in similar role (preferably in school environment)
- Proficient computer skills and exceptional customer service skills
- Quick learner and adapts to change well
- Must be able to work effectively independently and as team-player with diverse group of staff and students
- Valid drivers license (valid passport may be required if travel is necessitated)
- Successful police and criminal background check
- Must be bondable
J. Addison School is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- students recruitment: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)