Delivery Driver- Permanent Full Time
Rideau Group is one of the largest ground water pump distributors in Ontario and Maritimes. While striving to provide the best service for our customers, we have also developed our expertise in other markets such as Irrigation, Waste Water & Hydronics, and a leading innovator in Water Treatment technology with applications across Eastern Canada. The Company is comprised of 3 locations in Ontario (Stratford, Barrie and Perth) and one in Amherst Nova Scotia.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Stratford location for full time Delivery Driver.
- Comply with applicable legislation, including safe operation, carriage of goods, drivers' hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, and weights and dimensions
- Maintain accurate and complete records associated with the dispatch of vehicles
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Plan logistics of the trip, and obtain appropriate paperwork to transport goods, materials, or passengers.
- Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections on vehicle and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
- Maintain contact with Supervisor in accordance with travel plan
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift, including daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, and hours of service, following applicable provincial and federal regulations
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Provide feedback to management regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Clean and make minor repairs to vehicle to maintain appropriate service levels
- The position will require you to drive a cube truck
- The position is 5 days a week some overtime required. Some overnight stays might be required but are rare.
- Start time 3:00 AM
- Candidate must have a clean driver's abstract and a valid license
- Should have the ability to lift up to 60 lbs,
- We offer competitive hourly wages
- Deliveries are throughout Southwestern Ontario
Please apply and attach a copy of your resume and drivers abstract. We thank you in advance for your interest in The Rideau Group. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Rideau Group strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Rideau Group will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
The Rideau Group is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Rideau Group will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- delivery driver: 2 years (Required)
- Stratford, ON (Preferred)