Howe Sound Pulp and Paper has an immediate opportunity for a Scaffolder at our Port Mellon facility.
Howe Sound Pulp and Paper Corporation (www.hspp.ca) is one of the most progressive Kraft & Pulp manufacturers in the world, leading the industry in product quality, efficiency and environmental protection.
Based in Port Mellon on the BC’s beautiful Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound is one of seven mills in Canada owned by Paper Excellence (www.paperexcellence.com), Canada’s largest producer of pulp by tonnage. Since 2010, Paper Excellence has grown from a single mill to a multinational company producing 2.5 million tonnes of paper and pulp with over 2,500 employees.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Certification from an recognized Scaffolding Training Provider combined with years of experience, the training provider may be public, private, part of a union or an association
· 5+ years of experience working with scaffolding on industrial sites
· Superior troubleshooting skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate of $44.97 as per the 2017-2021 Howe Sound Labour Agreement
- Overtime is compensated per the Howe Sound Labour Agreement
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended health/dental coverage and pension.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44.97 per hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Scaffolding: 5 years (Preferred)