Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$47132.54 to $58915.68
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Prioritization and Intake Allocation team in our Hsg Solutions - Indigenous and the North, Office of the SVP, Client Solutions. This sector collaborates with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges.
Bring your relationship management expertise, analysis, and reporting skills to this position.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, as a member of CMHC’s of the Indigenous and Northern Housing (INHS) team, you will be responsible for the delivery of CMHC’s First Nation Housing Renovation Programs and will support the delivery of other programs. You will be required to provide advice and support to both internal and external CMHC clients.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values;
- Sound knowledge of social and affordable housing, mortgage financing and real estate and/or property administration.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as business, finance or commerce Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or a related field and a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal (tact and diplomacy) skills including the ability to persuade others;
- Demonstrated experience in managing within a program and/or policy context;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong client focus and communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills;
- Political and cultural sensitivity, specifically possessing a solid knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What you will be doing
- Makes recommendations for approvals, recommends courses of action for non-standard requests, and processes documentation or data such as applications/requests, commitments, and payment requisitions.
- Working in collaboration with the INHS team to ensure thoroughness, accuracy and that designated practices are followed when authorizing the disbursement of funds to clients
- Supporting the INHS Team by completing the quarterly and annual accrual processes;
- Participating in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance, by reviewing work and submitting detailed reports as required;
- Exercising prudence and due diligence to ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures applicable to the function;
- Managing relationships with clients in your portfolio by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of your client’s needs;
- Managing the coordination of an extensive number of action items and decisions and following-up with the Management Team to ensure that appropriate actions are taken.
- Working in a team environment contributing to service standards and turnaround times.
- Enhancing client service experience in all encounters.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
January 31, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID:
Anywhere in Canada
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.