Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Through high-quality inclusive talent management data analysis and reporting, the successful candidate will contribute to the ongoing evolution and execution of inclusive talent management practices and programs for Teck.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Draw upon human resources and Inclusion and diversity knowledge and communication skills to develop a strong partnership with client groups in order to work collaboratively and achieve the groups’ objectives.
- Develops a general understanding of Inclusive talent management and the impact within the mining industry including general industry practices in Inclusion & Diversity and Inclusive Talent Management.
- Collates, organizes, analyzes and verifies Inclusive Talent Management data to facilitate internal and external reporting
- Manages, evaluates and interprets data to support the achievement of various internal Inclusive Talent management objectives.
- Provides robust analytical support working closely with the HR analytics team and the HR Leadership Team including, but not limited to:
- Developing an understanding of the competitive position of Teck and identifying appropriate performance indicators to monitor and improve performance
- Ensuring timely preparation of monthly Inclusion & Diversity, and Inclusive Talent Management performance dashboards for Teck.
- Conducting analysis of monthly HR metrics and provides a summary of key issues and trends.
- Creating communications, power point presentations with the interpretation of key data sets, trends and market data.
- Building and maintaining key Inclusive Talent metrics.
- Provides leadership and support to Inclusion and Diversity planning activities including, but not limited to:
- Supporting long-term planning initiatives through the preparation of multi-year strategic plans.
- Developing and maintaining robust data models for Inclusion & Diversity and Talent Management to allow scenario evaluation and flexible analysis of possible impacts.
- Prepares supplementary analysis and supporting schedules to assist in the drafting and review of quarterly Inclusion & Diversity reports.
- Coordinates data and information requests from other corporate groups and ensure consistency of information and minimize duplicate requests.
- Develops and supports implementation of key Inclusion and Diversity projects.
- Provides assistance and perform other work duties as assigned by the Director, Inclusion and Diversity.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of inclusive human resources policies and procedures to ensure compliance with employment law.
- A post-secondary Human Resources, Business or Organizational Development degree or equivalent certifications.
- 6-10 years of broad Human Resources experience with a focus on HR Analytics and Inclusive Talent Management work experience, preferably within the mining industry.
- Extensive analytical and critical thinking skills with careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong ability to assimilate, interpret and synthesize disparate data sets to make sense of and produce information in a form suitable for a range of audiences.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for complex data analysis and prior experience with data modelling and consolidation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Word and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts to a broad audience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to effectively develop and maintain a rapport in an active network of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to operate with very high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work under minimal supervision and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage competing priorities to meet tight deadlines in a challenging environment.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time