CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Relationship Manager, Relationship Management is the single client relationship and service lead for an assigned group of CIBC Mellon’s CGNP and CFI clients. As the primary client lead, the Relationship Manager interfaces with service delivery teams to ensure overall client satisfaction and retention. Clients’ needs and solutions are somewhat standardized, requiring some customization on an exception basis. The Relationship Manager is primarily responsible for servicing and maintaining the client relationship, with some accountability for revenue generation across the assigned client base.
- Develops and maintains contact with clients via meetings, phone calls and email to strengthen the relationship and ensure excellent client service.
- Identifies industry trends and issues and monitors the competitive landscape to determine potential needs, issues or concerns based on general knowledge of the client.
- Provides information to clients on a timely basis regarding industry news, company initiatives, services, products and upcoming changes to policies, processes and technology.
- Reviews client inquiry activity and service performance to develop action plans that promote use of technology and self-service and reduce inquiry volumes.
- Analyzes escalated operational issues and partners with stakeholders to resolve client issues.
- Monitors client service delivery to ensure adherence to CIBC Mellon’s policies and governance requirements and manage risk.
- Responds to client inquiries and independently resolves standard client issues based on knowledge of CIBC Mellon’s systems and processes.
- Monitors service performance, KYC/AML reviews, global documentation, billing, tax documentation and other client related information to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Coordinates implementation and changes with the service delivery teams to ensure client expectations are met.
Business Growth and Profitability
- Maintains general knowledge of the client’s business to identify opportunities and prepare RFPs for cross-selling and up-selling.
- Engages in meetings with key client leaders and conducts presentations to persuasively present new products and services and/or negotiate fees schedules on a periodic basis.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- 5 years industry experience preferably in client service and/or sales capacity
- Solid understanding of asset servicing technologies, client operations and the competitive market
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to maintain solid client relationships and coordinate with service delivery teams
- Analytical abilities to independently respond to technical client inquiries and resolve issues
- Relationship management and negotiation skills to help gain client buy-in to policy, product, pricing and technology changes.
- Action-oriented to executive on action plans and ensure delivery of excellent client service.
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better