HIRING FOR SEPTEMBER 2020, apply at www.experienceparkland.com/careers
A new provider of luxury senior living is coming to Etobicoke. Parkland Lifestyle Residences has an exciting opportunity for dedicated Door Attendants who want to be part of a state-of-the-art community with opportunities for training, development and growth with an expanding organization.
In September 2020, Parkland will have a number of permanent full time and part time positions available at our newest lifestyle residence, Parkland on Eglinton West, located in Etobicoke, Ontario. Parkland on Eglinton West offers a new era of luxury living with a full continuum of service, three care floors, distinctive accommodations, extraordinary amenities and a commitment to service excellence. Parkland offers competitive compensation and additional earning potential through incentive programs, an extended benefits program and an extensive employee recognition program. Whether you’re full-time or part-time, all of these perks start as soon as you join our team.
Who We Are…
With approximately 4,000 employees, Shannex is a family-owned, Canadian company based in the Maritimes. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Ontario, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland™, Shannex™ and Faubourg du MascaretMD.
Who You Are…
As the successful candidate, you are passionate about working with seniors and have experience working in Retirement Living and/or the hospitality industry such as hotels. You have a high school education (or GED) and your Class 5 Driver’s License. A minimum of one year working as a valet would be considered an asset. Completion of an Alzheimer’s disease and/or other Dementia Care Course would be considered an asset. You are available to work a schedule of flexible hours and all shifts inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Experience using POS software and other computer programs preferred. Advanced proficiency in the English language is required, proficiency in other languages considered an asset.
What you will do…
Reporting to the Business Manager / Assistant General Manager, the Door Attendant will assist with all day to day operations of the Hospitality Services department which includes coordination of valet parking, resident parcel delivery, responding to resident requests, assisting with resident move-ins and move-outs. The Door Attendant will take on the duties of the concierge on evenings and nights.
Our expectations of you…
- Responds to resident requests for assistance from residents and guests
- Responds to all requests from operational departments
- Maintains cleanliness of the campus exterior and main lobby area
- Completes a security round of the campus at minimum of once per shift
- Greets residents, visitors and guests and assists accordingly
- Assists residents with parcels and delivery
- Manages resident and guest vehicle traffic including parking, retrieving, and assisting residents as needed
- Utilizes campus software such as for maintenance requests, transportation reservations, and tracking of resident services;
- Promote a safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal protective equipment, supporting others to work safely and completing safety education.
- Follows safety, environment, and infection control practices, as per facility policies;
- Works with a variety of operating systems.
- Committed to adhering all of Parkland’s Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
What we offer…
- Additional earning opportunities through our employee incentive program
- Continuous opportunities for personal and professional development in an ever-growing company
- An opportunity to work with Great People, to be a part of this new, flagship, industry-leading development
- A role where you can contribute to independent luxury living using your exceptional skills
- The ability to make an impactful difference in the quality of life for residents and their families
- Comprehensive compensation package which recognizes your experience and contributions
- Benefits and RRSP program (for full-time and part-time employees)
- Exceptional training and teamwork-oriented work environment
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Parkland Lifestyle Residences is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Parkland Lifestyle Residences. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Parkland Lifestyle Residences strives to be a supportive and inclusive work environment and provides equal opportunity employment. Accommodations will be provided to applicants requesting it in order to ensure participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring process. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact the Human Resources Department.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization we encourage you to apply today at www.experienceparkland.com/careers
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Childcare
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)