Join a Canadian success story still growing strong after 65 years. Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada and we are excited about our future. We are proud of the great partnerships we form with our customers, our team members and vendor partners and the unique solutions we provide to Canadian businesses and home owners.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Developer(Job #20078) at our Operations Support Centre in Mississauga, ON.
- Competitive wages plus bonus opportunity.
- Opportunity to participate in exciting discount programs.
- Attractive company paid benefit package after 3 months.
- Opportunity to participate in company matched RSP.
- Uniform and boots allowance provided.
- Any required training provided.
- Opportunities to grow with us!
The Senior Software Developer will join the team on a Full-Time Contract basis as an experienced Full Stack Software Developer to design, develop and support a variety of internal and customer facing applications.
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong database skills, including design, security, performance analysis and query optimization
- Experience with UX/UI and web design
- Solid understanding of SDLC process, its management, and common software architectures
- Knowledge and experience with LAMP/WAMP stack
- Experience integrating with SaaS platforms using REST/SOAP API
- Experience working with source code repository management: GitHub / Azure DevOps
- Understand and have experience with Agile development and its best practices
- Strong experience building and supporting large-scale, customer facing, mission critical applications
- Web and Database Server Administration (Linux / Windows, Apache/IIS, MS SQL / MySQL)
- Experience as a senior/lead developer in large eCommerce projects is an asset
- Experience with C#/.Net, mobile application development for iOS and Android is an asset
- Experience with IoT technologies and applications is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Full application development life cycle: planning, design, building, testing, deployment and maintaining on web and mobile platforms
- Application front-end and back-end, databases, servers, mobile clients, performance and security
- Working with code repository and issue management systems, creating unit tests, executing performance and regression testing, performing code reviews, and producing documentation
- Participate in requirements of gathering, analysis and documentation
- Provide on-call technical support for production issues
- Other duties as assigned
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Disability insurance
Reference ID: 20078
Job Types: Full-time, Contract