Speedy Collision – Spruce Grove is a detail-oriented, and customer driven company. We take pride in knowing our customer service is second to none! We are currently looking for professional people to join our team and help us achieve our goals.
The Auto Body Prepper is responsible for assisting the lead painter by preparing surfaces of vehicles for repainting and by polishing repainted vehicles.
· Responsible for preparing the damaged area of the vehicle for painting
· Feather paint adjacent to body work areas if required.
· Locate and remove imperfections on panels prior to painting.
· Treat scratched and chipped areas with plastic or liquid filler.
· Inspect panels to be painted as well as adjacent panels for body repair defects and other damage and notify manager if necessary.
· Securely apply paper and masking tape to protect unpainted surfaces, or apply liquid spray mask to areas such as bumpers, windows, chrome trim, and other parts while surrounding areas are spray-painted.
· Smooth unmasked surfaces with sandpaper removing gloss from previous coats of paint. Sand rough spots.
· Paint surfaces not readily accessible when vehicle is completely assembled.
· Responsible for reporting any discrepancies, missed damage, hazardous conditions, damaged tools and equipment or other unusual problems to Production Manager
· Adopt work habits that are in accordance with the Company Employee Policy Handbook and perform all assigned repairs which are safe and correct to reflect the philosophy of the company
· Attend scheduled daily meetings in the production area for daily release update meeting.
· Advise the management team immediately on any vehicle that has deficiencies or delays that will impact the planned delivery of a vehicle.
· Maintain a safe and clean environment in which to work that reflects the working conditions of the Company.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
To be successful in this role the Prepper will require:
· Valid class 5 driver’s license
Please call Alyssa or Sandy at 780-960-6612 for more details.
Job Type: Full-time
- Auto Body Prep: 2 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)