The George Darte Funeral Home is seeking a Part-time Receptionist to work evenings and weekends. This front line position requires a professional and welcoming demeanor. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, confident computer skills, a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Greet families and guests in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Operate phone system to transfer all incoming calls to the appropriate individuals in a courteous and professional manner.
- Take detailed messages.
- Send, receive and forward fax messages
- Receive, answer and forward emails
- Process cash, credit and debit transactions
- Daily closing of debit machine and balancing of cash.
- Assist visitors with memorial donations
- Prepare and print funeral stationery and forms
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- MUST be available to work flexible hours during evenings and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and office administrative skills
- Previous experience in a receptionist or front office position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Confidence in working with computers, printers and fax machines is an asset
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Comfortable working in a bereavement care setting
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, intelligent, resourceful, solution-oriented, and tech-savvy
- Highly organized and self-motivated
Interested applicants should forward their resumes and cover letter by email. Absolutely no phone calls or walk-ins please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The George Darte Funeral Chapel Inc. welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Employee Assistance Program
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- Stocking supplies
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors