We currently have an exciting career opportunity available for a Group Benefits Sales Consultant in our Toronto office (located minutes away from Toronto Pearson International Airport).
The ideal candidate must be motivated to achieve sales results, have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the benefits insurance industry and have their Life License (LLQP).
As a Group Benefits Sales Consultant, you are a trusted partner to your clients. You understand that success depends on your ambition and motivation. You are responsible for new business development and will provide insurance planning and advice by developing an understanding of each client’s specific needs, strengthening existing relationships and establishing a thriving client network based on trust.
- Professional sales experience that demonstrates a hunger and passion achieved through seeking opportunities, cross-selling, and meeting/exceeding targets
- Proven ability to drive sales and generate leads, turning them into opportunities for sales
- A talent for listening, establishing genuine trust with prospects and a dedication to providing the right solutions for clients’ needs
- An existing network of referrals and/or centres of influence
- A flair for building relationships and a strong work ethic
- Effective and creative communication skills to deliver quality presentations to new and existing clients
- Maintain existing relationships and retain current business
- Ability to work seamlessly with account managers who assist with servicing your book
- Results focused with a proven sales ability
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Three to five years of experience developing new business and relevant industry experience selling employee benefits
- Prepared to proactively continue prospecting and selling
- Proven track record in exceeding sales
- Extensive knowledge of group benefits preferably working with 100+ lives
- An LLQP (Life License) and a University degree or equivalent
- Post secondary education (preference will be given to candidates who have completed or are near completion of their CEBS or GBA)
JONES DesLauriers Blevins is a full service benefits and retirement broker/consultant with over 65 years in the business. We work with business owners and associations to provide the best overall value for their benefits dollars to keep their plans sustainable. We design and administer effective business solutions that help our clients retain and attract top talent. Our unique and talented people are what drive our success in delivering administrative, retirement, health and productivity solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
- benefits insurance sales: 3 years (Preferred)