A specially trained onsite pharmacy representative will be assigned to a client site to provide day to day pharmacy support and assistance to registered staff and maintains & monitors of the entire medication system at the client site, including equipment and technology. The onsite pharmacy representative works as part of the multi-disciplinary team in the facility and provides a critical communication role to liaise with other pharmacy staff.
- OCP Registered Pharmacy Technician in good standing (no findings, cautions or limitations to practice)
- Minimum two year’s working experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a long-term care setting
- Genuine interest in and concern for meeting customers’ needs.
- Experience with Kroll® and PointClickCare® software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respect for the confidential and individual rights of our customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and over the telephone with coworkers, supervisors, suppliers, physicians and customers.
- Ability to travel (valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and insurance)
- Police background check (vulnerable sector)
- Stable high-speed home internet and telephone connection
Responsibilities of On-Site Pharmacy Representatives:
Specific activities that the pharmacy representative performs (during onsite hours) include, but are not limited to:
- Checking the medication supply in the Automated Dispensing Cabinets when on-site to ascertain that it is properly stocked and that the contents are not outdated.
- Cycle counts
- Resolving Discrepancies
- Minor technology repair, when needed
- Document Scanners
- Automated Dispensing Cabinets
- Receiving and scanning all medications as they are delivered from pharmacy to be available for the registered staff to administer
- Maintaining Pharmacy Records in the home
- Performing scheduled audits while on-site
- Arrange for and notify licensed medical waste company for pickup of medications, biohazard waste and needles for destruction.
- Update the Automated Dispensing Cabinets system database daily to remove passwords that should no longer be active.
- Ability to travel (valid driver’s license and insurance)
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- pharmacy: 2 years (Required)
- Regulated Pharmacy Technician (Required)
- drivers (Required)