The Town of Shelburne will receive resumes for a seasonal labourer / operator position. Duties will consist of operating various heavy equipment; single axle dump truck, rubber tire backhoe, front end loader and various other equipment for plowing snow and sanding/salting of roads, sidewalks and municipal properties. Duties will also include general equipment, shop cleaning, maintenance and will also include manual labour consisting of snow removal for walkways and municipal buildings as required.
This contract position will run from December 2, 2019 to April 3, 2020.
The position will offer 40 hours per week with varying shifts including weekends. Legislated benefits will be in accordance with the Employment Standards Act.
Please clearly identify the following qualifications on your resume;
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid DZ driver's license
- Experience with snow removal and / or heavy equipment operation
- Experience operating single or tandem axle trucks, backhoe, loader, etc.
- Must provide your own CSA approved safety footwear
- Submission of satisfactory Drivers Abstract and police check
- First Aid and CPR Training would be an asset
Resumes must be marked "Seasonal Winter Employment - 03-2019" and may be dropped off at the Shelburne Municipal Office or emailed until 3:00 pm on Thursday, September 19, 2019 addressed to:
Town of Shelburne
203 Main Street East
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $25.43 /hour
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)