Kids Now Canada offers a 12-week curriculum-based group leadership program that equips youth in Grades 6-8 with essential coping and developmental skills that enable them to believe in their abilities and make positive choices. Each week’s session promotes positive interaction through dynamic discussions, brainstorming exercises, fun games and physical activity that reinforce the week’s messages.
When you volunteer as a Kids Now Mentor, you become a positive influence during a critical developmental period in a kid’s life!
- Fun and enthusiastic?
- Able to relate to kids in Grades 6-8
- Open to other cultures and diversity?
- At least 21 years old?
- Committed to making a positive difference in kids' lives?
- Interested in developing new skills that could improve your own life?
- One three-hour training with other mentors
- Weekly 1.5 sessions for 12 weeks
- Half-hour prep time each week for 12 weeks
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer