At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
We are Hollyburn Family Services, an industry leading organization that provides quality residential programs, counselling and support services to children, youth, and families since 1990. We value the uniqueness of each individual and their inherent capacity for growth. We rely on our core values to create a trusting and safe environment free from harassment and discrimination for our team and for our clients. We treat our employees, clients, and community with fairness, dignity and respect, and as such strive to hire and build a team reflective of these values. We are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of their clients.
You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for providing support, care and can act as a mentor in supporting the personal growth for our youth at risk. You want to make a difference in the lives of people we support and play an integral role in supporting their successful achievements.
We are looking for two Full-Time Youth Worker positions at our program in East Vancouver for at-risk youth in care. Please specify which line of shifts you are applying for:
- 1. Awake Overnight Youth Care Worker (11pm – 7am shifts, Sunday through Thursday)
- 2. In-Home Youth Support Worker (24-hour shifts Sunday-Tuesday, 3 days on, 4 days off)
REQUIRED: Please complete the Indeed Assessment which will be sent to you immediately after submitting your resume and cover letter. Candidates who complete the phone screen and other applicable assessment(s) with their application have a better chance of being selected for an interview.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with youth at risk and youth with complex behavioural and mental health issues
- Post-secondary education in a related field required
- Demonstrated knowledge of FASD, ADHD, and attachment and trauma issues
- Clear, direct, and sensitive verbal and written communication skills
- Must hold a valid B.C. Class 5 Unrestricted Driver’s License
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record Review check and Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Available to work one weekend day as part of your full-time line
YOU’LL SCORE MORE POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Understanding of First Nations culture, traditions, traditional foods, and symbols of youth heritage
- A demonstrated ability to deal with challenging, street-entrenched youth, strategy development, mediation, counseling, advocacy, community networking, and life skills management
- A can-do attitude and willing to step up in challenging situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of different child and youth care approaches, the development of youth service plans, and legislation and government regulations applicable to the program
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Current NVCI and/or MANDT training
A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Completing daily reports and documentation for the youth
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Assisting with and teaching youth life skills as required
- Encouraging acceptable social standards and setting and maintaining appropriate limits
- Maintaining household chores and encouraging youth to participate as appropriate
- Providing input into assessments and youth care plans
Hollyburn Family Services has been and will continue to provide essential services to our clients in our therapeutic homes, counseling, senior and victim services programs while we collectively live through the effects of the COVID-19 protocols. We continue to hire caring professionals on the front lines who are flexible and creative, as well as committed to helping us deliver our services while following a slow and careful restart plan in conjunction with that set forth by Provincial Health, Health Canada, and Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health Region.
We’re an industry leading organization that has been providing quality residential programs, counselling and support services to children, youth, and families since 1990 and are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of the people we serve. Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we offer extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our every growing organization. Our salaries and benefits package are competitive.
If you’re still reading this and are as excited to join us as we are excited that you read this whole posting, then do not delay! Send your resume and a brief cover letter, specifying which line you are applying for (Overnight shifts or 24-hour shifts) and telling us why you are the perfect person to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,680.00-$48,880.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- working with at-risk and street-entrenched youth: 1 year (Required)
- working with youth with mental health concerns: 1 year (Required)
- Availability to work 11pm-7am shifts (Preferred)
- Proof of ability to legally work in Canada (Required)
- Availability to work one weekend day per week (Required)
- British Columbia Class 5 Drivers License (unrestricted) (Required)
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Training (Preferred)
- MANDT training (Preferred)
- Availability to work 24-hour shifts (Preferred)