SmartONE Solutions Inc. is an award-winning Canadian PropTech company that transforms residential buildings into smart communities. Established in 2016, SmartONE has created a technology solution for multi-dwelling unit developments that connects hundreds of smart homes together through our dedicated network to create a smart technology platform. We enhance the living experience for all users with custom software and purpose-built community hardware that enables standard smart home features and combines them with community features. Our solution increases the level of social connection, improves security and sustainability, and offers new convenience features for building developers and their residents.
SmartONE is a fast-growing company which has been recognized for innovation and leadership in the real estate and PropTech industries. Our team provides a complete solution for real estate developers, including a proprietary hardware and software solution, engineering & design, installation services, and long-term ongoing support for the solution. The community receives a mobile app for residents, a smart community management platform for building staff, and integration with a wide range of unique amenities and services. The platform allows for the integration of existing and future building functions, facilitating automation and performance analytics to help connect and future-proof each community.
We are working with developers on more than 105 Canadian projects, creating a smarter future for their communities. Having partnered with Bell Canada in Eastern Canada and developing partnerships in Western Canada, we take pride in having created the Smart Community Segment in Canada. Here is an opportunity to become part of this exciting industry and fast-growing company.
About the Role
SmartONE is looking for a Marketing Communications and PR Manager. This role is tailormade for a high performing communicator with a proven track record in marketing and media communications who wants to take a lead position in a fast-growing, PropTech company. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in creating, implementing, and managing SmartONE’s corporate communications. This will include creating and executing our strategy for social media, PR, and media relations activities. The right candidate will have an understanding of the Real Estate Development space and demonstrate a skill for clear, crisp communications across a B2B audience.
· Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, PR, or another relevant field.
· Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations.
· Ability to develop and drive a strategic internal and external communications program that delivers measurable results.
· Strategic thinker who can independently identify strategic and tactical opportunities and then take the necessary steps to drive delivery.
· Solid grasp of traditional, digital, and creative marketing and communications strategies.
· Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to craft a compelling story.
· Charismatic, with excellent presentation skills and comfortable demonstrating technology.
· Thrive in a smaller, but rapidly growing organization that has moved beyond Startup, with a fast-paced environment. Needs the composure to manage challenging schedule demands.
· Become the expert of public policy, politics, current events, business news and the media landscape as it relates to SmartONE’s business.
· Anticipate and effectively manage SmartONE’s reputation by developing and identifying new avenues to reach audiences, media strategies, press strategies, and speaking opportunities.
· Advise and provide leadership and oversight of communications strategy and activities.
· Ideate and lead innovative marketing and promotional campaigns with the support of materials, strategies, and techniques to create awareness about SmartONE.
· Develop and coordinate digital media strategies with consistency across platforms; provide additional oversight and content strategy recommendations for the social media
· Build culture and employee engagement through internal communications programs in partnership with HR
· Engage with internal and external stakeholders in development of communication efforts
· Development and implementation of a marketing/communications plan, including a content calendar.
· Use of key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools in order to translate results into actionable insights.
· Support day to day tasks where needed such as preparing presentations and proofreading.
· Development, design and implementation of the overall event campaign marketing, logistics, entertainment, event day management and budgeting.
SmartONE is focused on three priorities: culture, imagination, and family. This is not just a place to work but it is an organization focused on the well-being of our team and their families, along with the objective of providing innovative solutions to the residents of our customers’ communities. With a plan to expand across North America and beyond in the near future, SmartONE is an exciting place to work and learn.
SmartONE is made up of passionate people who enjoy building stuff that matters. Because we value our team, we offer competitive base salaries, comprehensive benefits, a stock option program, and company events. We are currently working from home, but we do have a great office in Markham that we hope to return to soon.
SmartONE is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us at 905-475-9092 to make your needs known in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What are your salary expectations?
- Are you a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?
- Secondary School (required)
- marketing, communications and/or public relations: 7 years (preferred)