Impact Safety Solutions is currently accepting applications for medical support personnel. They must be familiar with oilfield operations- radio-controlled roads, maintaining headcount, satellite phone communications, registering a STARS location, completing medical transport plans as part of the ERP and supporting crews as required.
Medical support personnel will provide “on-site” medical care up to their scope of practice as required by the governing agencies - Alberta Health Services, Alberta Occupational Health and Safety, and the Alberta College of Paramedics.
These positions will report to the designated Project Supervisor or designate as well as Impact Safety Operations. There will be available support provided by personnel with higher levels of training and experience as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Successfully completed training as an Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) from an approved program in Canada who is licensed to work in Alberta
- Registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Experience working in the emergency medical services field for a minimum of 2+ years
- Industrial medical support experience is a strong asset
- Experience working in a remote location with limited in-person support
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to maintain composure. Be firm, reassuring and efficient in emergency situations.
- Able to compile information to complete reports
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong desire to help those in need
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Computer literacy is important - Microsoft Office Products as well as some web-based programs such as SafetySync, SmartSheet, etc.
- Able to see the big picture and understand their surroundings
- Ability to manage conflict in a professional manner
- Assess the extent of injuries or illness to determine the course of medical treatment as per training and Alberta College of Paramedics scope of practice/Alberta Health Services Medical Protocols
- Comfort and reassure patients
- Obtain the patient’s medical history to the best of your ability
- Perform and interpret diagnostic procedures such as taking vital signs and testing glucose levels
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, oxygen therapy, bandaging, splinting, and the treatment of trauma patients
- Use an automatic external defibrillator or bag valve mask resuscitator
- Use spinal immobilization devices and traction splints
- Document and record the nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Transport patients to a hospital or other medical facilities for further care
- Maintain mobile treatment centers, and other fleet vehicles in a clean and professional manner
- Ensure emergency fleet vehicles are properly equipped and are fully supplied
- Uphold your responsibilities within Impact Safety Solutions Health and Safety Management System
- Drive according to all applicable laws and regulations
- Represent Impact Safety Solutions in a professional and respectful manner. You are our ambassadors to our clients.
- Within industry norms - Based on level of training, experience and qualifications
- Pending projects - Waiting on set start dates from clients. Start date with Impact Safety is immediate.
The location of the work will be across western Canada, with a focus on NE and NW Alberta.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $650.00 /day
- working in remote locations: 1 year (Preferred)
- driving on winter/ice road, lease roads, etc.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial Medical Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Emergency Medical Response: 3 years (Preferred)
- Alberta College Of Paramedics (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- Specimen Collector (Drug & Alcohol Testing) (Preferred)
- Common Safety Orientation (Preferred)
- H2S Alive (Required)
- eGSO (Preferred)